Wednesday 4 June 2014

Birthday, Wedding & Strolling.

So, as you all know I posted that it was my 34th Birthday soon. That was last Wednesday.
A kind of none event, but  fun none the less. Mom had done me a few gifts & cards in the morning so I didn't have a grump on, it was my day to be a princess after all ;)

At work Mary had bought me some cupcakes & a card, and of course I got lots of lovely Facebook messages which made me feel pretty loved. 
In the afternoon the lovely Catering Manager: Gav had arranged for the gals to bring me up some cake, balloons & a card which they had all signed, which really touched me. They wished me Happy Birthday over the tannoy too :*

I got home and had more gifts from Mom.

Yes, more Elvis for my ever growing collection! 
We went to dinner at Salavtores, which kinda reminds me of the wine bar in Brushstrokes... It was nice enough, but I have to say I was pretty much all caked out by the end of my birthday.

Thursday involved going to the cinema with my friend. We saw The Grand Budapest Hotel, which I actually really liked. 

Friday, the day I'd been waiting for, for a while. up at 4.40am and on the 6am ferry to go and see my bestest Rockabilly gal pal, Cassie getting married!
Thankfully my car made it to Burgess hill and I got to see Cassie getting ready. Damn that gal is too pretty for words, and she looked so amazing in her dress.
Champagne selfie

Cassie & the lovely Marilyn who I had the pleasure of meeting & spending the day with!

Cass had done a great job on her shoes!

First Dance. Aww. These guys are actually in love. Its pretty sickening ;)

I love  this gal dearly!


Hot rod- I was the support car!

The Happy couple.
Congratulations Cassie & Joe. May you always love each other.

So, yeah, that was the wedding. I stayed in a lovely pink guest house on Worthing seafront. Then I drove back to Pompey & killed a few hours in Gunwharf. I treated myself to tapas for lunch. Found an Asda and finally got the pinup gals bedset I'd wanted for ages.

Saturday evening was this:
 The Isle of Wight's Rock'n'Roll Special. 
And Special it was.... Well, I got to see Dawn, Max, Gill, Andy. Jane & Clare so it wasn't a waste. I got a Jive with Andy, even though my top decided it wasn't for Jiving. I had some strolls too.. and it was fun. Dawn had even made me a lovely Dalmatian picture, which I was stoked at, as my friends rarely make me things.

So, its been all kindsa busy lately, and shows no sign of letting up. 
This weekend is my besties birthday: Helly will be 34 too! 
Then next weekend is the Rockabilly Rave!! EEP! I finally get to meet my partner in Bramance: Nina. I cannot wait. 
Until then kids, keep smiling. Every day is a good day if you let it be :D



No comments:

Post a Comment