Monday 10 August 2015

Single summertime adventures

I have to say, it's been far too long since I've done a post.
Those of you who know me, will know there is a reason for this, and although it made me sad in the process etc, I am much better now than I was. So I can get back to boring you all about my adventures!

I have had quite a lot of mini adventures this year, and I know there will  be more to come. I've met some great people along the way, and I have to say I really know who my friends are now. I know some very decent, loving and awesome people and I feel so lucky to know them and to call them friends.They are the kind of people who come out of nowhere, and yet are there when you need them most!


So, yes, where was I? Adventures. I did have a mini adventure on Saturday to Retrofestival just outside of Newbury. Myself, Andy & Dani ventured on the overpriced ferry to Southampton and went on our merry way to Newbury.


Upon arrival, we did wonder if we had in fact arrived at 'Diggerfest'


I wasn't quite sure what to expect, as the word 'Retro' is massively overused and indeed covers such a wide spectrum of things. It was really random. It's in the showground which is pretty big with a bunch of Tents selling vintage stuff, as well as crafts and food (FYI, Fudge and Licorice don't really constitute actual food to me...) There were a few marquees playing different music depending on your preference. We ended up in the Rock'n'Roll marquee, which was a bit too fluffy for my liking, but I had a couple of strolls and a shandy, so it wasn't all bad.


Thank god for the person selling the Parasol's on their stall, otherwise I would have been a lobster at the end of the day, plus someone it made me swear less. Dani said it was a magic parasol... There was a lot of similar clothes and stuff for sale, you do kinda find there are only so many styles and clothes available in the Rockin' scene.

I did get me a lovely Atomic Swag tee. I'd seen them at The Rockabilly Rave, but they were kinda pricey, So i was pretty stoked to find Campbell Crafts selling them for £17. Plus the gal selling them was really helpful trying to find a size to fit me. I also got a rather lovely Sailor Jerry beaker in red, which I'd never seen before. And a lovely bit of atomic fabric.


It was kinda like going to the Chale show but with more stalls, Although there were MANY swoon worthy cars and a lot of Mingos. I am a mingo magnet...



YES PLEASE!!!

I dream of this scene on a daily basis!!


It was great getting to know Dani some more and its always lovely having mini adventures with Mr. Hendy. I am lucky to have spent the day with these guys! And of course the evening where Andy hosted his Rock'n'Roll night at Wightrock. I got to catch up with some old pals- lovely to see you Peck, even if you did call me a Trollup ;) and thanks to Mick & Dani for both being so kind to me!

Here's to the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment